What is Eduaide?

     My cooperating partner this fall put me on this new AI tool for educators called Eduaide. Before using this tool, I was familiar with Chatgpt. The difference between them is that Eduaide is shaped particularly for education and planning instructional materials while Chatgpt might not cover the perspective of education as effectively. 


    This AI tool is beneficial for educators who need ideas and new strategies to use for instruction and the classroom. Eduaide has over 100 different resource types to explore, and I've yet to explore myself. I've used the lesson seed before, and it works really well! Eduaide 

A lesson seed Eduaide gave me recently. There's more to it, but that's all you get from me.

Eduaide covers planning, information objects, independent practice, cooperative learning, gamification, and questions that teachers may need. This AI tool can assist with lesson and unit plans, assessment measures, engagement activities, and rubrics. Basically, whatever you need-- Eduaide is there for you.

    I know that there are conflicting views about using AI in education (especially when you're a student); however, using AI responsibly and effectively isn't a bad thing. Completing a whole paper by copying and pasting an AI-generated essay is different from getting separate ideas from AI. In this way, Eduaide can be very useful for teachers who need that extra brain power or an organization that's not clicking to them, but Eduaide should write your lesson plans and assessment materials for you. You can pull bits and pieces and review what AI has generated to connect it to your own ideas.




Comments

  1. I agree that AI has some very helpful tools that takes a huge load off of teachers shoulders, and that even when using AI for planning, we need to look over what it has written. I, however, don't think AI should be used by students, as some will take advantage of it and maybe change only a sentence or two in a paper. Which is very problematic because as Katie mentioned, there aren't that great of tools to detect whether content is AI written or not. How do you plan on teaching about using AI tools responsibly and what would you do with students you suspect are taking advantage of AI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I have concerns for students irresponsibly using AI to do the work for them, I would most likely interfere before it's already happened. I would preface responsible tech use in the classroom (drawing on the topics we covered in class), and that includes plagiarism from AI. I think there are times where students can benefit from the ideas generated by AI, but students should know that there's a line. I might do a short lesson on comparing AI text to a personally crafted one? Something that shows that although they have easy access to cheat through AI, the results are not guaranteed. Also, I would try to get all the credible AI detectors or maybe try for more in-class work so that I can observe more closely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Didn't Choose the Tech Life; the Tech Life Chose Me

The Final Poetry Collection